Friday, August 21, 2009

Film Review - Straw Dogs ****1/2



Lucky for me, while randomly roaming around nature with no real idea where the fuck I was headed, I ended up on the window of a house whose inhabitants were just starting the DVD of Sam Peckinpah's classic film, "Straw Dogs".

It follows Dustin Hoffman as a bookish mathemitician whose childish wife convinces him to move out to her hometown in the boonies of Great Britain. Her old friends begin to really mess with Dustin Hoffman and the tagline of the movie is "Every Man Has A Breaking Point", so you know it's gonna go down.

Unfortunately I couldn't hear the movie and can't even really understand English. I would have had a lot more interest had they shown some of the local insects. I've never been to Britain and surely they might include a british doodlebug, beetle, or even a bug I haven't seen yet! Here's hoping Peckinpah decides to "bug out" for his next movie!

I strongly recommend Straw Dogs, just know that it's not really about bugs, which may put some bugs off. Me, I just love great movies.

****1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment